Thursday, January 22, 2009

Tape Art




James Mosher went through a massive restoration a few yeas ago and many good things were done to improve the school for its students. Near the end of the project a time crunch meant cut corners. One of the things that has long impacted the look of the school is the incorrect paint job. The contractors didn't prime the concrete walls and the paint peels with little provocation. The principal is annoyed and is always trying to keep work up without ruining what is left of the paint.
So one day, while perusing the web I came across the story of a guy living in a mall. So what is in connection? He works with Tape Art. I got very excited and thought ah ha! A solution for the no mural edict but still a distraction form the peeling paint.  Initially I was worried aboout proceeding but I figured if it was not acceptable I could always take it down. IT WAS A BIG HIT! Everyone loved the idea. My first one was an Indian elephant. It is the right size but not perfect anatomically. Oh well. The kids have left it alone since I put it up in September. It is only this week that a kid messed with it. But I can fix it. yeah tape! 
I also did Barack Obama after the election, and this week I did a peacock to accompany a lesson we are working on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment